By Intuitive Business Coach, Michael Mapes:
One thing I get asked all the time is, “When is the right time to hire a virtual assistant?” And my answer is always the same: no matter where you’re at in your business, if you want to be able to grow your business quickly, right now is the time to hire a virtual assistant.
No matter what stage you’re at, whether you’re a super-newbie or you’ve been at it for a while, you need at least 5 hours of VA support every month. As you grow, you will need additional hours of support.
Here are four reasons it’s essential that you get at least 5 hours of VA support in your business right now.
First, I constantly see business owners throwing their head against the wall when it comes to things like:
- uploading copy
- setting up their email marketing sequences
- formatting their blogs
- proofreading their modules
- dealing with technology
- finding time to respond to emails
This becomes such a huge time suck, and more importantly it takes you away from your three essential tasks as an entrepreneur
- Seeing clients
- Enrolling clients; and
- Creating content for their programs/products/services.
In other words, without a VA you are being taken away from your NUMBER ONE role as an entrepreneur: being the creative force behind your business.
Second, people wait until it’s too late and make their job way harder. This is what I did, and I completely regret it. I waited until I was already close to booked solid to get help. And then had to take time out to train my team, versus having a VA in place as I grew that I could simply bring on for more hours, and that could help me train other team members.
Third, not hiring a VA is often a form of avoidance.
- Are you changing your website around instead of making phone calls to potential clients?
- Are you avoiding going to a networking event because you’re doing administrative work?
- Are your fears getting in the way of high-value activities? So instead you focus on back-end administrative work?
Remember 80% of your time should be spent either seeing clients or marketing directly to clients (setting up strategy sessions, networking events, self-hosted intro workshops, webinars, emailing contacts etc.) and 20% (or less) should be spent on administration. Most entrepreneurs that are struggling have the 80-20 reversed!
Fourth, there are tasks that you can have a VA take care of that will directly increase the amount of money you bring in.
- Reaching out to people you’ve done strategy sessions with that didn’t buy to see if they want to hop on the phone and talk enrollment.
- Re-purposing content and submitting it to magazines and article submission sites to drive more traffic to your opt-in.
- Contacting various venues to see if they accept speakers.
- Reaching out to potential JV’s and affiliates
Hiring a virtual assistant is a great way to increase your productivity, help you make more money, and get more clients. And the time is now!
As a special Thank-You to Lisa and her amazing readers I’d like to invite you to take advantage of my Get Clients Now Success Kit valued at over $300 at zero charge. You’ll receive tons of action strategies that you can use right now to make more money, get more clients, and help way more people. Get your copy at http://www.michaelmapes.org/lisa